Basseterre, St. Kitts, March 31, 2017 (RSCNPF): One person has been charged in relation to two recent Burglaries and other offences in the West Farms and Camps area.
The incidents occurred on Monday (March 13).
The accused has been charged with two counts of Burglary and two counts of a sexual offence.
The charges brought against the accused are the result of good investigative work and forensics analysis.
“I commend the work of our investigators and forensic technicians,” said, Assistant Commissioner of Police with responsibility for Crime Mr. Andre Mitchell. He added, “we urge residents to be alert, look out for each other in our communities and to report any suspicious activity or criminal activity they may be aware of. By working together in fighting crime we can make a difference.”
The Police encourages residents to embrace proven security measures to reduce the risk of being the victim of a crime against a person or property. Here are a few safety measures to employ to reduce the risk:
To reduce your risk at home, employ the following:
– Ensure the locking devices on all windows and all locks on doors are fully operational. Replace if needed, the safety of your family is worth the investment.
– The use of an outside porch or motion detecting lights have been proven to be a good deterrent against criminals.
– Remove ladders, building blocks, tools, or any other item that can be used to give a burglar ‘height’ in their effort to break into your home or that can be used to gain entry from around the yard.
– Do not leave a spare key under the door mat, in a potted plant, or hidden for use by family members.
– Verify that all windows, doors and gates are locked prior to leaving your home for work, taking a nap or/and before retiring for the evening.
– Be alert of strangers, or persons in the neighbourhood observing you or your neighbour’s house.
To report any suspicious or criminal activity, citizens and residents are urged to call any Police Station, or Crime Stoppers, the anonymous hotline at 1-800-8477 (TIPS), or by using SKN Crime Reporter on your Smartphone