The Honourable Eugene Hamilton, Representative for Constituency #8, hosted his inaugural Youth Empowerment Conference at his home in Cayon. The theme for the conference was “Empowering Youths to Keep No. 8 Great!” Over one Hundred (100) youths between the ages of 16 and 35 attended the personal and professional development interactive Conference.
The objectives of the Conference were to:
- Empower youths in Constituency #8
- Bring together youthful minds to discuss idea-focused on a wide range of subjects, to foster learning, inspiration and wonder
- Provide a platform to engage youths on issues that impact them the most
- Discus what strategies and initiatives can be developed to address issues thereby impacting change
The youths were engaged in lively and timely discussions by experts and luminaries in a number of disciplines including :
- Education and Scholarship Opportunities
- Entrepreneurship and Business
- The Arts and Entertainment
- Financial and Economic Development
- Crime and Violence – The Youth’s Perspective
- Youths in Politics, Their and Responsibilities
Among the Featured Guest Speakers at the event were Analdo Bailey who spoke on Personal Financial Management. Delwayne Delaney gave insight on Business and Startups. Nigel Trucapo Lewis highlighted his experience as a youth entrepreneur in the Arts and Entertainment Industry. Laughton Percival addressed issues regarding Crime and Violence .
The conference was the highlight of a series of activities that Minister Hon. Hamilton and members of Constituency #8 have planned for the youths. The Conference was preceded the week before by a Social event held at the lawn on the Frigate Bay Road.